So sorry to you all for not blogging anything over Christmas and New Year! I was actually lucky to even get all my Christmas cards out this year---a bit late but they were sent non the less. As I reflect on the events that occurred over the past few months here is what comes to mind:
We did all the Christmas things we could squeeze in during the Holidays. Pics with Santa at the Laguna Hills Mall--they had the best looking Santa ever! That is where I found out that Max wanted a bike fore Christmas---3 days before Christmas! So the next day I went to Walmart with everyone else and almost fought over the last red big boy bike I could find. We made a home-made gingerbread house--it looked awesome and actually tasted good too. We spent Christmas Eve at Pat and Larry's in San Clemente where the kids reenacted the REAL Christmas Story of Christ's birth and yes Audrey was baby Jesus. Christmas Day was spent with my parents and Grandma and Grandpa Johnson (sr.). I gave Vyla (g-ma) her long awaited Life Scrap Book that I have worked on for over a year---it turned out awesome I must say. We watched Mama Mia on the new Blue Ray, played with legos, watched Batman, ate a yummy Christmas dinner and basically vegged ALL day--it was a delicious time.
Then the next day we packed for the ranch and headed up to the frozen tundra in Wyoming. We first stopped at my Aunt Erin's house in Orem, hung out, saw Ryan and Elise, ate, and hung out some more. Max had a blast playing with my cousin Amy in the snow and Audrey got lots of Love from Bruce and Erin. She also started eating solid foods on this trip and even made her self gag on some bananas (not surprised since she makes herself gag on anything but advent bottles and pacifiers). I was still nursing at this time but decided I would stop shortly after. By the time we got to the ranch I hardly saw Audrey and Max. They were too busy playing and having a ball with all their cousins! The few times I could take Audrey away to nurse her she would get so mad that she couldn't talk and be social while nursing. The bottle became her new best friend allowing her to see All that was going on while eating at the same time. That way she didn't miss a thing! Our social little butterfly wouldn't even go to sleep until about midnight every night---after most of us went to bed :) She and Max had no problem sleeping in until about 9:30 the next morning though. We played board games, danced, swam at the rec center, wrestled, advertised in the community for the DX guest ranch, went sledding, made a snowman, ate snow, ate good food, let off fireworks, took family pictures, went on a horse drawn sleigh ride, went sledding, celebrated in the New Year and drove home. When I asked Max what his favorite thing about the trip was he said "I like watching movies". And yes, he watched movies on the little DVD player for about 10 hours straight on the way home. Boy it's feels good to finally be Home. I'm exhausted from playing so hard.



4 comments:
Yes Jen, you are bad! Way too much time between your updates!!! Love all the pictures though. What a fun Christmas! You guys were pretty busy.
I know I'm totally lame. I have yet to check out everyone else's blogs too. I better get to work since I'm sure I have some commenting to do :)
Hey there, I would LOVE to get together sometime soon. I am babysitting now Wed. through Friday, but can chill Mondays or Tuesdays. Maybe we can meet up at the mall or a park or something? That would be fun! Your blog is lookin cute! And Aubry is so big too! I have never even held her, that is just wrong!
Ahhh, I meant Audrey, I could not remember which it was, of course I picked the wrong one! SOrry!
Post a Comment