I can't believe that it is almost Thanksgiving and I haven't even posted pics of the kids from Halloween. My sis-in-law Elise is a better mom than I am when it comes to showing off my kids. She already posted pics of them from Halloween all over Facebook apparently--I wouldn't know b/c I haven't been on FB for about a month. Anyways, I always have a good excuse or it seems like a good one until I start typing and then I realize, "What the heck am I doing????" Am I really THAT busy that I can't take a few moments out of my day to re-cap what is going on in the Proffit family life?..No I am not. Not that our lives are THAT interesting but someday I'm guessing my kids will appreciate me journaling a few moments from our crazy days. So here goes:
While driving to Grammy's house so I can go teach piano lessons Max says from the back seat, "Mom, did you know that Jesus doesn't have to wear a bathing suit?" I chuckled and said, "No Max, I didn't know that. What made you think about that?" Then Max says, "Because Jesus just wears that robe thing and walk on water." I guess we are doing something right as parents :)
Max has turned into the BEST helper EVER!!! He makes my bed for me in the morning while I take a shower without being asked. He knows how to vacuum, dust, feed the dog, do the dishes, pour his own cereal and milk, and sort the laundry! Now if I could just get him to stop teasing his sister, stop talking ALL the time, Stop picking his nose and eating it (he says it tastes delicious!) and Stop taking off his PJ's in the middle of the night--I didn't know that sleeping in your underwear only started at this young of an age. Well, I guess there is always room for improvement.
Audrey, Audrey, Audrey.....I know that my mind shouldn't draw I blank as I sit and think about my little baby girl but I am right now. Maybe that's because I am Sooo tired. She seriously wears me out. She is active like Max but emotional like me. It's her way or a tantrum. I am not a push over but some things I just don't care about anymore....like, my moms malibu lights that she tears apart the second she gets outside. Or like bows she constantly pulls out of her hair, or the lace she tries to rip off of her socks as we are going to church. Or like the food she decides to dissect before each meal, or the dirt she manages to get all over every outfit even if outside for 5 minutes.
The other day Audrey sat contently playing for about 30 minutes inside her sandbox table. The only problem that was by the time I got out there she had about half of the sandbox sand in her hair and the other half was on the ground. Oh well, I had 30 minutes of my own to do the laundry and empty the dishwasher (the things I haven't taught Max to do yet!) Don't get me wrong Otter-Pop, you know how to give great big hugs, flash a daring smile with those dimples, and look cute in about anything. I only hope that you can experience the same thing I'm going through everyday with someone as sweet as you :)
Oh ya, Josh and I are doing great too....
2 comments:
I don't think I have seen you since Halloween. Life really is crazy. Your kids are adorable! We need to hang out!
What a cute crew! (Pun intended) I can't believe all that stuff that max does. I need more details on this. Seriously? He does the dishes and makes YOUR bed?
And as far as emotional goes - Audrey would be in good company at my house. In fact you guys should come over sometime soon.
Post a Comment